We have an exciting direct hire opportunity available for a Manager, Digital Transformation Portfolio who will be responsible for leading a series of Digital Transformation projects & programs through planning, execution and control with a focus on quality, customer satisfaction, and budget. He/she will partner with CIO and IT Management team to refine and manage the digital transformation program.
- Responsible for driving & implementing Agile project management methodologies, identifying (through ideation sessions) & managing innovative initiatives that lead to opportunities for automation using data (like machine learning & artificial intelligence)
- Project manage strategic initiatives on the IT Roadmap in support of digital transformation
- Provide program oversight & project management for data governance & data management projects as well as emergent technology projects
- Develop & manage plan for cloud transition & establishing DevOps environment.
- Helps drive prioritization of innovation ideas per the strategic priorities for the organization and generates and inspires innovation ideas across the organization.
- Works with IT Management team to establish cloud migration strategy and implementation plan; including managing specific projects under the cloud migration program.
- Working with the Enterprise Data Systems team, establish a Data Governance program that will include cross- functional committees and defining standards around data management. Program will include establishing a data management platform, data analytics, data curation, and help drive the organization toward data driven insights using business intelligence tools. Manage the projects that spin out from the data governance initiatives.
- Collaborate with the organization to identify opportunities for automation and the role that data can play to help bring efficiencies in the operations and/or improve passenger experiences. Manage projects related to automation especially centered around artificial intelligence & machine learning.
- Lead and manage with agile methodologies. Help drive agile thinking into the organization and manage projects accordingly.
- Work with the IT team to manage initiatives around establishing DevOps.
- Act as a change agent and lead projects around emergent technologies. Engage teams to gain exposure, be a champion for testing new technologies and connect others to the potential, and manage implementations of various demonstration programs to prove out new approaches.
- Establishes scale up project plans, project budgets, resource plans, business requirements, and develops program reporting; bring definition to demonstration and/or proof of concept.
- Supervises and coordinates with internal and external stakeholders on all phases and aspects of project development, management, and execution on time and within budget and scope.
- Leads or participates in projects and complex initiatives; identifies and implements solutions that support improvements or growth, and plans, manages, and achieves project milestones and quality, customer satisfaction, budget and profitability targets.
- Prepares detailed project plans and business requirements, traceability matrices, test plans, project updates, business process diagrams, and other deliverables necessary to support the project.
- Executes disciplined approach and standards for project communications, resource planning and issue resolution processes to ensure success.
- Coordinates and interfaces with business units, technology services, and other key stakeholders to investigate, define, develop, and implement business solutions after completing comprehensive business analysis in support of project work.
- Formulates and defines systems scope, objectives, and requirements using research and fact-finding to recommend and/or propose options and alternatives for review and discussion.
- Defines KPIs for evaluating demonstration projects; analyzes, identifies and recommends metrics that drive and measure performance.
- Leads ideation workshops; identifying challenges, assessing risk and opportunities, and developing recommendations and action plans to determine and develop a strategy for innovative technologies.
- Defines and communicates all objectives and goals of all initiatives at the varying different stages; providing project updates as needed.
- Participates in the annual budgeting process; coordinates with others to define the annual operating budget as needed for innovative program(s).
- Works with industry and community partners, federal and state agencies to identify funding opportunities to source innovation projects.
- Performs related work as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Minimum five (5) years of experience acting as an IT project manager for digital transformation; experience leading and managing complex initiatives and information technology projects through implementation
- Experience responding to grants and/or working with grant writing services preferred but not required
- Or equivalent education and years of experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Industry best practices in digital transformation
- Current technological advances (i.e. Cloud Computing, DevOps, Big Data)
- Market research principles and practices
- Best practice of agile methods for project and resource management
- Project estimating and managing vendors
- Accountability measures for project delivery
- Problem solving and analysis through collaboration and facilitation of ideation sessions
- Negotiation with an influential and persuasive style
- Project management especially around cloud computing, big data, and emergent technologies
- Interpersonal skills and tech savviness necessary to develop and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships
- Performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature
- Leading projects through planning, execution, control and close phases with focus on quality, customer satisfaction and budget
- Assigning, prioritizing, monitoring, and reviewing work assignments
- Develop, execute, and communicate organizational change; be a change agent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Meet schedules and deadlines of the work; excellent follow through
- Gather, create, and execute test plans, relationship management, and vendor management
- Develop comprehensive project requirements based on business environment requirements and analysis
- Maintain the confidentiality of information and professional boundaries
- Execute strategy by connecting short-term goals and objectives to the longer-term vision of the organization
- Cultivate a positive work environment by setting an example through demonstration and commitment to the client’s Strategic Blueprint and Core Values
- Build teams, develop people, and partner effectively with stakeholders
- Foster accountability, continuous improvement, effective problem solving and decision making, and managing change
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed