Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
As a Mobile Software Developer contractor with our client in Ontario, Canada, you will contribute to the development and integration of software features in automotive Core Applications. Your contribution will enable customers to connect their personal consumer devices to the vehicle infotainment system as well as providing a user friendly User Interface to control the vehicle infotainment system.
- Contribute as designer and developer to design, code and release software for Android target
- Participate in the implementation Android Framework (AOSP) and Applications and Services.
- Participate in improving and maintaining existing Infotainment software
- Participate in feature requirements analysis, and test-case design review
- Participate in feature prototype building, testing, and refinement
- Provide clear and complete documentation based on the definition of the software development process
- Collaborate with other engineers by using Scrum/Agile development process.
Occasional travel to Warren, MI (1 week per quarter)
- 8+ years of experience developing applications or middleware for mobile platforms like Android or iOS
- Object-oriented software development experience with a solid grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Experience working with large code bases, developing entirely new code and maintaining existing code
- Knowledge of Android components, framework and architecture (such as Apps, Multimedia, BT V4, USB, NFC, Wi-Fi and Projection, CarPlay, Speech, ScreenCasting, OpenMax, GStreamer, etc.)
- Knowledge of test development and testing of embedded system firmware
- Knowledge and experience about embedded LAN and Ethernet
- Software platform development experience, such as Linux and Android platform
- Commercial software development experience in C, C++, Java
- Familiar with Android development toolkit and process
- Experience with SCM tools, GIT, JIRA, Eclipse IDE, ClearCase etc.
- Experience of Scrum/Agile software development process
- Ability to perform diagnostic and investigation based on limited information
- Creative, discipline, strong sense of responsibility, delivery and schedule commitment
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent field
- Advanced degrees preferred
Other Skills Preferred
- Working experience with Mobile Platforms/Services and Apps, CarPlay, and Android Auto
- Working experience of Android component
- Working experience in firmware development
- Experience in developing automotive infotainment solutions
- Experience in automotive and/or portable consumer electronic devices
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX, and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed