Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us — we are honest, stay true to our word, and work in the best interest of our clients, consultants, and candidates. Many say they work this way, but few actually do. We are a company that does. Additionally, we bring joy to the world of IT staffing and IT recruiting by making the hiring experience memorable, fun, and different.
Find and provide the best talent for clients and excellent career opportunities for consultants and candidates — whom we treat as part of our team. Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
*This position will be for 3rd shift (11:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.)*
A contractor is needed in Columbus, Ohio for the role of Operations Analyst who will efficiently use the proper incident and change management processes and procedures to initiate the appropriate documentation, engage 2nd level support and notify the appropriate stakeholder and user community of incidents/changes that occur affecting the Data Center Infrastructure (IBM Mainframe, Linux, UNIX and Windows platforms) with the possibility of impacting customers, products, and services.
- Support mainframe generated computer output in a distributed print environment. Activities include managing output through application for distribution in postscript format to various network attached printers throughout the organization.
- Support the implementation and operation of infrastructure services including storage, network, capacity, database, and hardware support, and other IT infrastructure support services involving Online services, Editorial Systems and Enterprise Business Systems into the production environment.
- Activities include monitoring events and production batch schedules, providing initial response to alerts caused by failures, escalating service incidents and incident notifications in a timely manner for swift resolution, opening event tickets, providing detailed turnover to the following shift and interfacing with the internal user community, support groups, systems administrators, hardware support teams and outside vendor support.
- Activities include maintaining master knowledge base with the appropriate guidelines and procedures for staff to follow to manage the infrastructure and test customer facing products to ensure functionality and availability.
- With general direction, leverage event management systems to monitor and maintain the availability and functionality of the client computing environment’s systems, network and applications.
- Perform incident management procedures using tools and resources to initiate and document, manage, and communicate to stakeholders, incidents impacting the business (60%)
- Communicate effectively with IT support staff and users through various means (e.g., service management systems, telephone, email) to collect and disseminate information regarding the operational environment (15%)
- Has working technical knowledge of the client computing environment. (15%)
- Support staff implementing changes to the IT infrastructure in accordance with change management procedures and policies. (5%)
- With general direction, support the Data Center’s hardcopy output responsibilities by managing the flow of hardcopy output requests sent to printers within the Data Center. (5%)
As designated ESSENTIAL staff, report to work when scheduled even when client is closed to non-essential employees.
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a positive and contributing manner in a team environment.
- Able to digest, comprehend and follow guidelines and procedures.
- Good problem solving/analysis and decision making skills.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of individuals.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
We do our jobs in a way that brings delight every day to our clients and the people who work with us. Life is simply too short to grind through every day as a small cog in a huge recruiting machine. As a young and high energy company, we aim to help consultants and candidates land fulfilling jobs that offer real career growth.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed