Our client in Coraopolis, PA has a direct hire opportunity for a Principal Software Engineer who will be working onsite/hybrid.
The Software Engineering team with our client serves as key disruptors. As a Principal Software Engineer, you are an expert of your craft. You are a natural leader. The idea of disrupting an industry with technologies you help create is invigorating.
Engineers are empowered to tear down the silos and work collaboratively with their product team to deliver solutions. They work in nimble product teams composed of engineers, designers, and product managers that aren’t bogged down by project plans and politics, but are empowered to continuously create, test and execute. One of the best parts is after the work is done, you get to see the results of your work in our stores, online and throughout our business. You get to make a difference.
Client Platforms include .NET Core, Java Spring Boot, Kotlin, Angular, React, etc. At this most senior, Principal level, you’ll expect you to have experience in a couple of them.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will:
- Bring at least 7 to 10 years of experience to the table
- Work collaboratively with designers, product managers, and engineers
- Consistently look for opportunities to develop our Software Developers, sharing your expertise and lessons
- Spend about 20% of your time coding so you can keep up to date on your technical skills
- Leverage cutting-edge technologies and modern practices
- Identify and communication technology problems and prepare remedies
- Build and ship high-quality code at a rapid pace
- Work with open source tools to build new technologies
- Participate in design thinking activities to improve the user experience
- Work with great people at our sprawling Pittsburgh campus that includes sports leagues, a world-class health club, and a dynamic culture
- Continuously learn modern software design and development core practices, utilizing articles, MeetUps, conferences, tech talks, etc.
- Engineers at this level are able to deliver complex tasks to production, working independently when required.
- They use best practices in high quality code, and continue to push and share their knowledge.
- Review and discuss code with engineering peers and leaders to understand best practices and optimal design patterns
- Take the initiative to drive new ideas and projects
- Understand the business context of the larger domain and potentially other domain areas
- Able to advocate and evangelize specific technologies within and outside the wider organization
- Able to support and mentor seasoned technologists in a structured manner and ad-hoc
Lastly, here’s some stuff that won’t be part of your day-to-day.
- Work in a silo
- Be limited by project plans
- Find yourself stuck in a boring cube
- Pay to park or be stuck in a corporate high-rise
- Be pigeonholed into proprietary and stagnant codebases
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed