Our client in Coraopolis, PA has a direct hire opportunity for a Principal Software Engineer, with the option to work remote.
The Software Engineering team with our client serves as key disruptors. As a Principal Software Engineer, you are an expert of your craft. You are a natural leader. The idea of disrupting an industry with technologies you help create is invigorating.
Engineers are empowered to tear down the silos and work collaboratively with their product team to deliver solutions. They work in nimble product teams composed of engineers, designers, and product managers that aren’t bogged down by project plans and politics, but are empowered to continuously create, test and execute. One of the best parts is after the work is done, you get to see the results of your work in our stores, online and throughout our business. You get to make a difference.
Latest technologies used: At this senior Principal level we’ll expect you to have experience with more than a few of them:
- iOS: Swift 5+, SwiftUI, Combine, GCD, Notification Center, CoreData, Swiftlint, XCTest
- General: MVVM architecture, Reactive programming, Test-Driven Development, JSON API integration
As a Principal Software Engineer you will:
- Bring at least 7 to 10 years of experience to the table
- Build and ship high-quality code at a rapid pace
- Work collaboratively with designers, product managers, and other peer engineers
- Continuously mentor and develop your fellow Software Engineers, sharing your expertise and lessons learned
- Work with the latest platform tools and best practices to deliver new technology solutions
- Participate in design activities to improve user experience and athlete satisfaction
- Spend about 20% of your time coding so you can maintain and sharpen your technical skills
- Identify and communicate technology problems and propose secure, reliable solutions
- Work with great people at our sprawling Pittsburgh campus that includes sports leagues, a world-class health club, and a dynamic culture
- Follow best practices for high quality architecture and code and encourage the same within your team
- Take the initiative to help drive new ideas and features
- Review and discuss code with engineering peers and leaders to understand best practices and optimal design patterns
- Deliver complex tasks to production, working independently when required
- Understand the business context of the larger domain and potentially other domain areas
- Advocate and evangelize mobile technologies and solutions within and outside the wider organization
- Continuously increase your awareness of modern software design and development core practices utilizing articles, MeetUps, conferences, tech talks, etc.
- Support and mentor seasoned technologists both in a structured manner and ad-hoc
Lastly, here’s some stuff that won’t be part of your day-to-day.
- Work in a silo
- Be limited by project plans
- Find yourself stuck in a boring cube
- Pay to park or be stuck in a corporate high-rise
- Be pigeonholed into proprietary and stagnant codebases
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed