Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our Houston, Texas client has a contract opportunity for a Project Manager.
Job Location: Houston TX (Hybrid – 1 Day Onsite)
- Part of PMO team in creating and implementing the program framework and strategy
- Establish and maintain the program roadmap for services and applications; ensure the roadmap program priorities
- Identify, communicate, and coordinate program scope and milestones
- Organize cross-project activities within the program
- Maintain program documentation
- Maintains capacity management plan for the team, ensuring roadmaps align with team capacity
- Define and communicate project deliverables
- Interact with business partners, enterprise project teams, channel, and third-party delivery teams to understand their needs and priorities
- Participate story grooming sessions, iteration planning sessions, daily stand ups and other agile ceremonies
- Resolve impediments
- Measure and communicate team velocity and sprint burn down reports
- Provide project estimates and submit funding requests
- Monitor progress of deliverables, keep dependent teams and project informed on progress; take corrective action if deliverable cannot be met or if higher priorities disrupt prior commitments
- Support the Enterprise Quality Assurance team to ensure they can properly perform function and non-functional testing
- Communicate team progress, accomplishments and OKRs to upper management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related field or 8 years of equivalent work experience required
- Solid knowledge of project management best practices, functional design, and application delivery methodology
- 5+ years of prior experience as a Project Manager and/ or Scrum Master working within an enterprise IT organization
- While not a developer, candidate should possess a high-level understanding of IT systems and architecture to support discussions and communications
- Strong multi-tasker, proven experience handling multiple roles and project simultaneously
- Experience working with cross-functional, global teams to deliver commitments on-time and on-budget
- Excellent analysis, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills- verbal, written, and presentation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and agile tools (Jira/ ADO)
- Strong working knowledge of ADO including configurating the boards, building/ managing dashboards
- ‘Can do’ attitude, willing to take on new challenges with a desire to continually grow in the Project Management space
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed