Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our New Albany, Ohio client has a contract opportunity for a Project Manager who manage, or assist in the management of, base, intermediate, and/or complex projects and progressively develop to managing intermediate projects in a matrix team environment.
- The Position is Three Days Hybrid (Subject to Change) M-W.
- This post is for PM candidates only.
- Major construction or Utility background preferred.
- Minimum of Assc required.t be local.
- Provide leadership, direction, coordination, and effective communication to initiate , plan, execute, monitor and control, and close projects in a safe, efficient, economical, risk-balanced approach to achieve short and long range goals and to obtain maximum customer satisfaction.
- Provide project transparency and develop relationships and effectively communicate with all stakeholders including internal customers, external customers, team members, suppliers, contractors, vendors, and industry peers, enabling them to make sound business decisions.
- Enable and promote team level continuous improvement activities that increase quality and optimize delivery of value.
- Conduct or assist in planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating assigned project activities. Perform coordination and administrative tasks as delegated by the lead project manager(PM) or supervisor. Act on behalf of the lead PM or supervisor during times the project manager or supervisor is unavailable. Develop an understanding of various project management principles and techniques and successfully implement these techniques in project management for the organization.
- Support and hold employees and contractors accountable for the client System Safety Process, ensuring a safe working environment focused on Zero Harm.
- Develop, review and coordinate the project plan, schedule, budget, tools, and staff. Perform coordination role as assigned to increase awareness in all knowledge areas of project plans. Perform Lead PM role as assigned to increase awareness and build proficiency in all knowledge areas of project plans.
- Communicate project details and status updates. Lead planning meetings and project/outage updates with supportive role in stakeholder presentations. Provide written and oral reports and other communication.
- Develop working relationships with the project team, plant and operating company staff, internal and external customers or partners, contractors, vendors, and suppliers. Foster teamwork and seek customer satisfaction.
- Provide guidance and feedback, to improve design, systems, procedures, schedules, and costs. Provide specific guidance in these areas and begins to challenge others at an apprentice level of informed understanding in all project work.
- Ensure, or assist the lead PM in ensuring, efficient and timely performance of project work activities. Proficient and effective in assisting the lead PM and/or delivers similarly when leading intermediate projects on their own.
- Coach and develop team members on project management skills and techniques.
- Develop and manage procurement plans for necessary outside resources. Manage, or assist in managing, contracts for outside services, including developing requests for proposals, evaluating competitive bids, selecting vendors, participating in contract negotiations, overseeing vendor performance/quality, ensuring work is performed in accordance with the contract, etc.
- Conduct or assist in closeout processes, including an analysis of the success of the project with respect to accomplishing the project objectives and realizing project benefits.
- Develop an understanding of the client project management organizational standards and assist in the management of projects to those standards. Adhere to the guidance and standards put forth by the client’s Project Management Governance Committee.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, business, project management, or related field of study with 3 years qualified experience, or two-year Associate’s degree in the same disciplines with 5 years of qualified experience.
- 3 years of qualified experience as a PROJECT MANAGER ASSC (Grade 6) preferred, OR demonstrated competencies, knowledge, and skillset through achieved results in a shorter timeline.
- Qualified experience includes outage management activities, business administration, major construction field experience, project estimating, controls, and engineering, and/or comparable experience in a competitive production environment. Knowledge in construction safety, negotiations, scope development/control, cost estimating, construction contracting, project controls/reporting, and quality control are beneficial.
- Experience in utilities, commercial nuclear power, and/or IT systems is favorable.
- For nuclear facilities only: Educational requirement can be fulfilled by qualified experience in the Navy Nuclear Program in addition to the years of experience noted.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Additional Requirements :
- Individuals will be progressively assigned the PM lead role on a project for continued development depending on the level of knowledge, experience, and leadership competency including successful completion of certification.
- Develop and provide effective leadership, team building and meeting management skills as outlined by certifying body and the client leadership competencies and values. Develop confidence in ability, and demonstrate the motivation and attitude, to lead a team and a project to successful conclusion.
- Develop understanding and apply economic analysis techniques. Develop an acumen for the business and profession with an emphasis on overall cost, schedule and risk management.
- Develop understanding of the Engineering & Design, Procurement, Contracting, Estimating, Construction and Startup procedures and processes. Begin to influence optimization of a project and ensure project team utilizes the latest applicable guidelines and requirements.
- Develop a working knowledge and begin to demonstrate ability to apply certifying body PM tools and techniques.
- Develop and apply learned skillsets in strategic thinking, planning, risk assessment and prioritization of project activities.
- Globally view the project from all angles such as safety, constructability, sequence, changing conditions, contingencies, contractual, predictability, level of priority, sense of direction and sense of productivity to quickly identify/avoid/mitigate project risks.
- Set team requirements and expectations to manage deliverables and hold team members accountable. Demonstrate willingness to provide constructive feedback.
- Learn to take independent action and know when to elevate an issue.
- Develop understanding and skills around the process of scope management, evaluation of technical options, and common project risk factors and mitigation methods.
- Develop understanding and apply knowledge, and provide input and oversight of the documents used to procure labor, service, material, and engineered equipment.
- Develop understanding and apply knowledge of: contract components and development process, critical drawing and document hand-offs.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed