Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
The IT Project Manager in this remote contract role is responsible for managing and guiding cross-functional teams to ensure projects are planned thoroughly and executed with appropriate urgency, delivering results within agreed budgets and timelines, while adhering to company guidelines and compliance requirements. The PM interacts with many technical and business resources across the enterprise to ensure alignment on the project’s business value – and to ensure that value is delivered and adopted.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead and manage project team. Develop and execute resource plan, staff the project team, track progress of tasks, manage the budget, scope and schedule.
- Responsible for estimating, measuring, forecasting, status reporting, managing risks, supporting transition and project closure. Will participate in vendor selection process, where applicable.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to manage scope, requirements and organizational change management required to adopt processes and technology delivered by the project.
- Track, measure and communicate progress of timeline, critical milestones and overall deliverables to project stakeholders. Adapt project plans based on risk mitigation plans and issues that arise during execution. Manage dependencies of other projects, as applicable.
- Manage 3rd party vendor partnerships, as applicable to ensure contract compliance and quality of deliverables.
- Prepare and present project status updates to leadership/executives, driving for decisions and direction as needed
- Participate in team meetings to ensure awareness of project successes, learnings, and issues
MINIMUM EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent experience
- 4+ years’ experience managing technology projects
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies
- Experience with organizational change management methodologies
- Experience with all areas of project management – planning, RFPs, understanding ROIs, resource management, developing project plans, managing risks / issues / changes / budget / schedule / vendors
- Ability to manage project teams with multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience presenting to executives
- Demonstrated ability to track and mitigate project issues and risks, escalating appropriately
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of resources, both directly and indirectly, providing guidance, ensuring alignment, and providing effective feedback
- Ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose alternatives using basic root cause analysis
- Strong familiarity with portfolio and project management processes and tools
- Ability to work independently when needed, but also work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on common goals to achieve mutually beneficial results
- Prioritize and manage work load, communicating issues clearly
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Project Management and/or Lean Six Sigma and/or Organizational Change Management certification preferred
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed