Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
The Python / SQL Engineer with our client is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company’s business objectives. Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
**Open to resources sitting anywhere in the United States, as long as they are open to traveling into the office for “Moments that Matter.” Since there will be travel into the office, vaccination is required.**
- Manages and improves continuous integration and deployment through automated testing and build and deploy pipelines.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Understands and proactively participates using agile/scrum as a tool over a requirement. This includes story discovery, pointing, rapid and rigorous code reviews, communication with business, and retrospectives.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- Contributes to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in related field preferred
- Proficient in Python, SQL server and Postgres, Database tuning, ETL, bash, Windows and Mac.
- Experience in build and deploy techniques using Docker
- Experience with cloud technology, preferably AWS
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques, fluency in software languages, and using application programming interfaces (APIs).
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards including database systems, operating systems, API development
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Tucson, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX, and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed