Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our Columbus, Ohio client leverages Agile and Lean techniques, such as acceptance test-driven development, continuous integration, and story-based iterative development. As a QA Analyst, you will be involved in all phases of software development, from requirements definition to production releases. You will be embedded in a cross-function team of analysts, developers, product managers, and testing staff, collectively striving to quickly deliver high-quality, high-value software. This contrasts to most other environments where the culture encourages “throwing the code over the wall” for Quality to test. We work in an environment that encourages individual initiative, leadership at all levels, and team-based continuous improvement void of hierarchy and bureaucracy.
QA Analyst Requirements:
- 3+ years of in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance Processes and best practices
- 2+ years of hands on knowledge of SQL Query and backend testing
- Strong technical skills, such as the ability to read and write SQL and XML
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Work closely with product management, business analysts, and developers to understand features and create a robust, comprehensive test strategy to verify functionality
- Create test scenarios, test cases, and test scripts mapped to business requirements, workflow, and system design documents to ensure proper coverage
- Perform test execution on complex systems, requiring deep understanding of both business objectives and technical architecture
- Report and track defects until resolution
- Responsible for understanding the application architecture and develop best method of performing end to end testing
- Perform backend testing using SQL query
- Assist application developers and technical support staff in defect root cause analysis and resolutions
- Maintain the regression test bed to meet changing requirements
- Escalate testing bottle necks that may impact project timeline
- Participate in the off-hour production releases as needed
- Contribute to the development of QA process and procedures
Additional Qualifications and Requirements:
- Enthusiastic self-starter capable of quickly taking ownership of features, applications, and systems
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to independently plan, prioritize and perform software testing for complex systems within general guidelines with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and drive results with a sense of urgency to meet aggressive project timelines
- Experience with ATDD in an Agile/Lean development environment desired
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of creating and executing test scripts in TM4J
- 3 + years of experience in energy industry is a plus
- 2+ years of hands on experience executing automation scripts in Cucumber is a plus
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed