Looking for an innovative and experienced Quality Assurance Manager to join our client’s team in Austin, TX. The QA Manager is responsible for the development, application, and management of all-inclusive, standard, enterprise level test management leading practices for the organization. This will include planning, design, execution and management of test processes, test strategies, test plans, and defect management, as well as application of practices and resource allocation at the program and project level.
Quality Assurance Manager Requirements:
- Minimum of 7 years in Test Management role for complex, enterprise level initiatives across multiple systems and teams.
- Minimum of 5 years in a leadership or management role with direct reports including responsibility for coaching and development.
- Strong understanding of test design and execution with extensive and varied test management and control experience.
- Knowledge of enterprise-level and/or cloud systems, including ERP, EDI, CRM, EDW, WMS.
- Proven experience with SDLC and Agile practices; able to assess and apply practices as required.
- Communication and Approach
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior managers and leaders.
- Excellent coordination skills to bring together multiple contingents of testing.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team providing leadership and guidance.
- Ability to maintain a positive outlook and remain adaptable.
- Must have the ability to withstand pressures and say ‘no’ when quality is insufficient, or QA processes are not being adhered to.
- Possess people judgment skills for hiring and keeping skilled personnel.
- Establish and manage standard practices and provide leadership to the test team to ensure the end-product meets the quality standards of the project and organization.
- This is a leadership role that will be required to be in the details and execute with the team, as well as define how testing fits into the organization.
- This role will report into the Business Innovations organization and will lead the Test Management Team including QA Analyst direct reports.
- The successful candidate will easily collaborate and communicate with a variety of team members and roles at different levels of the organization to define, execute, and validate testing based on requirements effectively and efficiently.
- Candidates should demonstrate strong attention to detail and have analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- The ideal candidate must be able to interpret and implement quality assurance standards and provide accurate and comprehensive feedback to colleagues.
- Planning and Execution
- Define the scope of testing within the context of each project/program.
- Write test strategies and detailed test plans, understand scenario and script development, and requirements traceability for full test lifecycle.
- Lead the Test Management Team to develop test cases based on requirements, constraints, and other design issues.
- Plan, execute, and manage functional and technical requirement testing across multiple test phases, projects, and projects within a program including integration testing, system testing, end to end testing, and user acceptance testing.
- Coordinate users to execute the test cases and manages the tests to ensure they pass the test case measures. Responsible to isolate and solve issues.
- Record and document results and compare to expected results.
- Apply, collect, track, and report test metrics for all testing and provide testing status reporting.
- Assign and manage resources for testing engagements.
- Serve as escalation point for testing issues, communicate appropriately, and own to resolution.
- Ability to properly prioritize tasks while under pressure in a continually changing environment.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to various types of team members.
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed