Our Columbus, Ohio client has a contract opportunity for a RCSA Consultant. Possibly for remote. We are looking to identify two senior process SMEs familiar with the Risk and Control Self-Assessment framework, which is a primary process risk framework within the banking / financial industry.
The RCSA Consultant will maintain the enterprise-wide operational risk and control self-assessment program,
coordinating with the Business Unit Risk Managers (BURMs) and other subject matter experts.
- Maintain the operational risk and control self-assessment process. Provide ongoing support for the risk
assessment methodology, design and provide risk reports, and communicate the program to regulators
and stakeholders throughout the bank. Provide guidance to BURMs and module owners on RCSA
practices. Remain knowledgeable about the operational risks in the functional areas across the bank,
including fraud, product, project, data management, model risk, vendor management, information
security, business continuity and other areas of cross organizational risk. Maintain the RCSA policies
- Provide operational risk management consultation, training and communications to various business units
as needed. Support BURMs in assessing operational risks and controls. Operational risk and control self-
assessments are completed by mapping core business processes during facilitated working sessions
attended by key business managers from various business entities and other subject matter experts. The
process maps are then used to identify the significant risks and the associated controls to determine
whether the risks are appropriately managed. The facilitator must be able to keep the discussion and
analysis appropriately scoped and focused on the most significant risks.
- Gather, analyze and interpret operational risk management data at a macro level. Develop reporting on
operational risk results for the integrated operational risk reports and other reporting needs.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to various levels of management in written and verbal formats. Maintain
contacts with other institutions to keep abreast of their Operational Risk programs. Assist in
implementation of requirements for compliance with Basel II capital rules, including the use of business
- Typically requires a BA or BS degree plus 8+ years in operational risk management or related role
- Requires a strong understanding of operational risk techniques, including requirements for an operational
risk management program
- Demonstrated experience in meeting/workshop facilitation or professional training techniques
- Ability to analyze risk trends at a macro level, identifying signs of changing risk levels and/or symptoms of
process control breakdowns
- Must be comfortable in providing leadership and guidance on operational risk management to senior level
- Six Sigma (preferred) along with Process design knowledge
- Solid understanding of financial institution processes, products, and risks
Basic qualifications required:
- Deep knowledge of the RCSA framework
- Strong background in banking operations and technology
- Lean Six Sigma green belt/black belt certification or comparable experience
- Proficiency in Visio and process mapping
- Deep knowledge of design thinking/process design/process documentation
- Employs in-depth knowledge of process, systems, risks, and internal controls combined with various banking regulatory requirements
- Drives holistic workflow simplification
- Design, structure, and quantitative measurement design experience
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed