Our Columbus, Ohio client has a direct hire opening for an RPG Developer in a business- to-consumer (B2C) eCommerce and retail environment. This position will perform new development, maintenance, and enhancements to the existing legacy ERP system running on an IBMi Power (AS400) environment. This includes: system and process analysis, application design, support, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and documentation.
- Provide RPG/ILE coding, testing, and implementation of IBMi (AS400) solutions
- Develop applications that meet user specification and expectations
- Run database queries to provide needed information to end-users
- Collaborate with stakeholders throughout the organization to understand business requirements and aid in solutions
- Provide specifications and designs in support of application development
- Create and integrate interfaces to and from internal and external partners
- 5+ years experience with RPG programming and analysis in complex business environments.
- Have strong iSeries (AS/400) RPG IV / ILE, RPG-Free, DB2 Query, SQL development, CL Language, and DDS
- Successful candidates will have an understanding of relevant business concepts and practices.
- The ideal candidate must be able to manage multiple priorities.
- Possess an understanding of development methodologies, and experience with all stages of the development life cycle
- Ability to translate and communicate business requirements into functional and technical requirements
- Experience in an environment with distributed systems
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to interact with team members
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Must be willing to be local and work onsite
- Experience using the VAI S2K ERP software is a strong plus, as we are in the process of migrating soon
- Experience in Retail and Business to Consumer (B2C) internet services is a strong plus
- Experience working with Accounting systems is a plus
- Experience in Manhattan WM (PkMS) is a plus
- Experience using IBM Cognos is a plus
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed