Our client has a direct hire opportunity available for an SAP Release Manager with SAP experience working in a very green field environment, since the client is launching phase zero of their SAP program starting next month. This individual also needs to come from a manufacturing background as well.
The role is responsible for developing, implementing and managing the release management process.
- Support internal and external teams to develop release strategies and the coordination of release plans in conjunction with maturing ITIL processes for the deployment of changes to and/or addition of applications and critical infrastructure into the integrated testing and production environments.
- Focus on managing the release plans and a centralized release calendar for all internally developed and externally provided solutions including the release of integration components.
- Responsible for planning the monthly, quarterly, and yearly release of critical application and infrastructure upgrades and enhanced capabilities where SAP S/4 Hana on Hana Enterprise Cloud (HEC) and Dell Boomi Integration Platform are critical business applications.
- This key role will help coordinating releases with Product Owners, IT Solution Owners (ITSOs), Portfolio Management and Infrastructure Management to through multiple environments.
- Maintain a forward-looking plan defining the release windows and cycles across a
portfolio of SAAS, COTS, Cloud and Internally developed solutions
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Communicate all release plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews in conjunction with Project Management
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans include ramp down, cutover and slow start procedures
- Publish Periodic Release Reporting
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release calendars and activities
- Work with ITSOs to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate, in conjunction with Project Management teams, the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Seeks opportunities to continuously improve the release management process and tools to create consistency in communication, execution, and success of releases
- Seeks opportunities to automate the execution of a release
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or in Computer Science, Business or related field of study highly desired.
- 5+ years of experience developing release plans and calendars within ERP, COTS and SAAS Platforms.
- Experience working on an SAP Release Coordination in a minimally customized environment.
- Experience with vendor (SAAS/COTS/Cloud) release management coordination.
- Minimum of three to five years programming with the development toolset, preferably in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- 3+ years working in a matrixed work environment
- 3 – 5 years of experience working in an integrate systems environment.
- Experience in ERP platform release management required. SAP experience preferred.
- Experience with integrating various IT Service Management tools such as ServiceNow, JIRA, etc.
- Occasional travel to plants or meetings is required. Remote/virtual meetings are frequent
Client does not provide sponsorship for this opening. Candidates must now and in the future be legally eligible to work in the US for any employer.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed