Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our client in Pleasanton, CA has a contract opportunity for a Scientist.
- You have a solid-level understanding of NGS library preparation, targeted enrichment, and sequencing—while also dealing with extremely small ctDNA/cfDNA/single cell amounts of DNA.
- You think about each step of a workflow at a quantitative and molecular level.
- You have a clear understanding of the performance parameters of a good diagnostic assay, and you can design experiments to test the clinical utility of an assay and identify the best applications based on your results.
- You enjoy presenting and publishing scientific results, and you like to work on a team of highly talented and motivated individuals who complement your abilities.
- You are driven by a desire to improve patient outcomes by revolutionizing disease diagnosis and treatment—and you enjoy working on extremely challenging problems in NGS, diagnostics, and bioinformatics.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related field
Scientist Job Description:
- The long term goal is to revolutionize clinical diagnostics through the creation of advanced molecular diagnostics that facilitate personalized, proactive treatments and lead to improved outcomes for patients.
- This will be accomplished through the identification of clinical/scientific needs and the application of novel molecular technologies to meet these clinical needs.
- We work on the critical, important problems standing in the way of the routine clinical use of next generation sequencing (NGS) diagnostics in oncology, genetics, women’s health, immunology, and infectious disease worldwide.
- We are looking for new group members who share our vision and have advanced skill sets relevant to NGS, genomics, and bioinformatics.
- We work at the forefront of Research and Early Development to incorporate the latest technology advances into new sequencing assays and applications.
- If you would like to work on extremely challenging problems in NGS while inventing new diagnostics as a key member of a high-performance team—this is the opportunity for you.
Main project areas include:
- The design and application of new library preparation and target enrichment workflows for novel sequencing platforms utilizing both long and short read technologies,
- The design and application of an advanced suite of comprehensive immune repertoire profiling tools for a myriad of clinical situations,
- Research on novel workflows to enable whole genome profiling of epigenetic marks on DNA and DNA fragmentation patterns,
- The development of innovative molecular biology methods and workflows addressing unmet clinical and translational research needs, and
- The development of new content to cover additional diseases and classes of variants.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Revel IT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right candidate for this or our other open roles!
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed