Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our client has a contract opportunity for a Scrum Master who will play a key role in the definition, development, implementation, and ongoing improvement of Agile practices (with an emphasis on Scrum) within the organization.
Job Location: Chicago IL or Houston TX (Hybrid – 1 Day Onsite)
- You will facilitate sprint planning, retrospective, and daily activities related to stand-ups and sprint burn down; as well as maintain relevant metrics that help the team see and understand their progress during a sprint. In this role you’ll own and resolve identified impediments.
- You’ll lead and track work for 25-30 developers.
- You’ll help build an environment where continuous deployment/ improvement of the development process is the focus and everyone’s common goal is to deliver outstanding software as fast as possible to our customers.
- As ScrumMaster you’re responsible for leading the continual Agile transformation and practices as well as promoting accountability and transparency across all levels of the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES STRATEGIES AND LEADERSHIP:
- Serve as a senior team member, responsible for facilitating the adoption, implementation and sustainability of Agile processes, principles, and practices
- Lead the scaling of Agile from team level to enterprise level
- Act as a change agent and as part of the team of Coaches leading and supporting teams and individuals in their Agile journey
- Make decisions and independently drive any aspect of Agile rollout at a team and management level
- Provide high-touch and hands-on team guidance, support, and coaching in close cooperation and collaboration across all roles and functions, to facilitate increasing maturity at a sustainable pace
- Actively build and contribute to the company’s Agile Community and develop Communities of Practice, mentor Agile practitioners
- Create training materials and provide training and coaching throughout the organization
- Support Agile teams in their development, playbook creation, and in establishing consistent best practices
- Collaborate with non-Agile team, educate and support them throughout transformation
- Define relevant metrics that help the program see how they are doing
- Inspire all stakeholders at any level in their Agile transition.
- Develop, coach, and mentor team members to advance their skills and career
- Build trust with the business [IT or other Divisions] and throughout the organization
- Perform ongoing assessments of the teams’ Scrum maturity to inform ongoing support decisions
- Advise on dependency management techniques between internal teams and third parties, release managers, or between Agile teams
- Quickly establish collaborative partnership with key stakeholders and build trust to ensure leadership buy-in across both Business and IT – Become a strategic partner in organizational road mapping and structuring to drive increased ROI, greater adoption and higher transformation success
- Foster speed, innovation and encourage continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience required
- CSM/CSPO Certification or PMI-ACP preferred
- Scrum Practices
- Azure DevOps
- Standing up an agile process
- Proficient with common Agile practices
- Proven ability in building effective partnership with diverse groups in multiple locations/environments
- Aptitude for learning and using technology for both teaching and action research
- Able to garner respect throughout the organization at all levels
- Thought Leader – Challenge status quo and grow every day. Able to build trust and earn respect at all levels within the company
- Communicative and facilitative – Able to communicate well with all levels of the organization from Scrum team members to executives. Able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team in a collaborative way and influence employees at all levels
- Assertive – Ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls and manage conflicts
- Enthusiastic – High-energy and inspire others
- Continuous Improvement – Continually growing ones craft, learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
- Managing with Metrics
- Able to help leaders & teams define clear metrics and coach them to have a data driven approach for decision making
- Willing and able to quickly gain a high level understanding of the technical and business domains of the Scrum teams
- Outstanding presentation and communication record (conference presentation, professional community events)
- Deep understanding of common Agile practices and better product envisioning and development practices
- Superb conflict resolution and consensus building skills
- Understanding of fundamentals of iterative development, software development processes and procedures
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed