Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our Dublin, Ohio client has a remote contract opportunity for a Scrum Master who is responsible for the effective development, delivery and operation of computing and information services. Anticipates, plans and delivers IT solutions and strategy which enable business value.
- Customer facing team-so front facing website experience is preferred
- Product development experience is a nice to have
- Agile champion
- Guiding the team and organization on how to adopt agile practices and values to delight customers
- Coaching team in self-organization, cross-functionality and Team Based Solutioning (TBS)
- Coaching team and stakeholders to understand and embrace empirical product development
- Protecting the autonomy of the team, allowing for self-organization without outside influence
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially on value management practices for effective Product Backlog refinement & prioritization practices
- Building trust and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Observing team interactions, and calls out observations as an opportunity for feedback and learning (as appropriate)
- Encouraging and enabling open and honest communication among the team members, including the Product Owner
- Facilitating the assessment of team maturity and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Working with other Agile Team Facilitator(s) to increase the effectiveness of agile adoption within Client.
- Lean & Agile Mindset
- Influence without Authority
- Emotional Intelligent
- Systems Thinker
- Lead by Example
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills
- Proficient PC skills; including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I) preferred
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for a software development team that was diligently applying agile values, principles, and practices
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burn down techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science, Business or related field preferred or equivalent work experience preferred
- 3-5 years of experience required
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed