Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us — we are honest, stay true to our word, and work in the best interest of our clients, consultants, and candidates. Many say they work this way, but few actually do. We are a company that does. Additionally, we bring joy to the world of IT staffing and IT recruiting by making the hiring experience memorable, fun, and different.
Find and provide the best talent for clients and excellent career opportunities for consultants and candidates — whom we treat as part of our team. Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our client has a contract need for a REMOTE Security Engineer with a strong background in software architecture, security concepts and secure by design / secure by default principals in order to support the Software Development organization and the Product Teams in assessing Cyber Security risks, defining, implementing and validating security measures, and analyzing threats and vulnerabilities for our medical device product portfolio.
- Contribute as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to the Cyber Security Risk Assessments for the product portfolio, including the creation of threat models, risk identification, risk rating, selection and verification of mitigations and assessment of residual risk.
- Support the Cyber Security architecture by contributing technical knowledge about secure design patterns and the right use of security technologies to the development teams.
- Ensure adherence to secure coding practices by using different methods like peer reviews, static code analysis and dynamic system scanning tools.
- Interface with Divisional Vulnerability Monitoring Services and assess reported vulnerabilities in the client product context.
- Consult the development teams in analyzing potential impacts and exposure of vulnerabilities.
- Consult the Product Teams to decide on appropriate vulnerability response strategies.
- Collaborate with divisional Cyber Security Analysts and Product Cyber Emergency Response Teams to address divisional Cyber Security vulnerabilities affecting multiple business areas.
- Create and review documentation of security concepts, secure designs and plans to maintain the security state of the product portfolio throughout its lifecycle.
- Collaborate with Software Development Process Engineers to define and propagate processes in the areas of Cyber Security to enable continuous compliance of product development and maintenance processes.
- Manage penetration tests with internal Product Teams and external service providers, and assess the identified findings.
- Consistently uses company concepts, policies and procedures, familiar with and follows standard practices.
- Projects are assigned with defined scope and goals.
- Direction is provided by more senior engineering staff, management or project leader.
- Participates in efforts to define new components, products or processes and identify technical challenges.
- Makes suggestions to improve work processes.
- Plans and executes assigned projects; utilizes thorough technical and theoretical understanding of numerous techniques.
- Analyzes data, evaluates results, forms conclusions and provides/implements process or document improvements.
- Applies advanced engineering knowledge to projects.
- Participates in technical team activities.
- Shares knowledge and expertise with others.
- Participates in project planning and/or process updates.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to own, or other groups.
- Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
- BS degree (Software Development, Computer Science) or equivalent in a directly related discipline.
- 5 years’ minimum related experience in software product development and/or software architecture development.
- Experience in secure software development.
- Ability to convince stakeholders and to adapt communication appropriately to different technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to present and discuss data, present alternative action plans (and consequences), and clearly communicate recommendations.
- Driven, self-starter with good planning and organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Able to pick up new challenges and quickly comprehend core issue(s).
- Demonstrates potential for technical proficiency, engineering creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought.
- Strong understanding of engineering principles and concepts.
- Uses company and industry design practices as applied to assignments.
- MS degree in directly related discipline + 2 years of related experience required; OR, PhD degree in a directly related discipline and no experience required.
- Cyber security certification(s) desired, but not required (e.g. CISA, CSIM, CISSP)
- Experience in Cloud security concepts desired.
- Experience with medical devices, especially IVD systems, desired.
- Knowledge about Windows and .Net technology stack (Java and Linux are a plus).
- Knowledge of cyber security regulations, laws and standards for the medical device industry.
- Understands and uses the foundational processes and practices for SW planning.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Tucson, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
We do our jobs in a way that brings delight every day to our clients and the people who work with us. Life is simply too short to grind through every day as a small cog in a huge recruiting machine. As a young and high energy company, we aim to help consultants and candidates land fulfilling jobs that offer real career growth.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed