Our Greenville, SC client has a contract opportunity for a Security Specialist.
- Serves as the technical lead, with responsibility for coordinating the planning and implementation of operations, life cycle management and maintenance of IT End Point Protection Systems (EPPS) and IT Advanced Threat Protection Systems (ATPS – e.g. End-Point / Threat Protection Platform and underlying related Infrastructure, such as Microsoft Defender ATP) to protect client’s Computer hardware such as personal computers, output management, and other IT End User devices (Laptops, Desktops, Apple computer, Mobile Devices). Runs complex operational/technical projects and ensures long-term requirements of Advanced Threat Protection Systems and lifecycle planning.
- Serves as main point of contact for Workspace EPPS/ATPS Operation topics for all client Group business units Globally.
- Leads the planning, implementation, operations and maintenance of End Point Protection Systems (EPPS) and Advanced Threat Protection Systems (ATPS) that perform to defined IT-Security expectations.
- Supervises the design, test, and implementation of EPP and ATP systems, including security monitoring in relation to End-Devices.
- Manages and improves IT EPP and ATP systems, incident response, digital forensics and loss prevention.
- Orchestrates and aligns teams to perform risk and vulnerability assessment at the network, system and application level in own area of responsibility.
- Reviews the results of threat modeling exercises and interprets results to management leadership as necessary.
- Directs the development and implementation of security controls and formulation of operational risk mitigations.
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
- Creates, reviews and presents security reports in own area of responsibility.
- Establishes strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks.
- Recommends additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Supports the security test and evaluation through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results, and preparation of required reports.
- Conducts reviews of each system's audits and monitors corrective actions until all actions are closed.
- Ensures equipment availability (planning, lifecycle upgrades) by steering operational processes surrounding IT End Device Protection as well as IT-Security Incident Handling processes.
- Works closely within the global network of Workspace Systems as well as various IT-Security organizations within client Group IT, and ensures that standards, operations, processes and procedures are aligned and follows the directions of the function “Workspace Solutions”. Ensures overall adherence to the client Group Strategy / client Group IT-Strategy & client Group IT-Security Strategy.
- Oversees the worldwide rollout and configuration of the client side of the Workspace ATP Solution in alignment with global and local End-Device responsible and operations managers.
- Acts as escalation instance for Feature Team Members towards the Feature Team Lead.
- Requires knowledge of various business processes for multiple business units in addition to detailed knowledge of all ITIL processes used at client.
- Organizes the physical access management for providers in relevant IT applications.
- Provides event, access, incident and problem management as well service request fulfillment for non-standard solutions.
- Utilizes technical and process skills to ensure delivery and complete customer satisfaction.
- Runs complex projects ensuring they are completed on time and within budget with only general direction from management.
- Monitors reports to ensure (Service Level Agreements) SLAs are met and all processes are followed as necessary.
- Participates in client Group IT projects.
- Recommends and facilitates quality improvement efforts. Maintains current knowledge of future innovations, technical trends and applies this to direct future changes. Aligns knowledge of the solutions available to best practices for the business processes.
- Develops project plans, administers the change control process and ensures that tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Operations Supervisor.
- BS in Computer Science or Cyber Security (preferred) or the equivalent of 4 years of related experience in
- MS preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in IT-Security, ideally in the area of End-Point-Protection
- 5+ years of experience of information system concepts and technologies.
- 5+ years of experience in inventory management skills (both logistical and financial) to manage the
lifecycle for Workspace Devices.
- 5+ years of experience demonstrating strong communication and organizational skills to interface
with associated vendors, interfaces, and processes.
- 5+ years of experience in Windows Registry Administration
- 5+ years of experience in vendor management
- 3+ years of experience demonstrating project management skills
- 3+ years in end-point-protection and threat protection
- 3+ years of experience interfacing with the business to meet requirements and targets.
- 3+ years of experience of administrational tool development and maintenance
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed