Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our candidate has a remote contract to hire opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer who plays a key role developing and maintaining enterprise analytics deliverables, including but not limited operational data stores, data integrations and reports.
**Estimated salary: $130K/yr.
- The ideal candidate will be working in a mixed technology environment to deliver data products providing decision support for business and customers.
- As part of a highly collaborative team, the role will interact with technical and business resources within and outside of IT organization.
- The ideal candidate is a committed, creative, self-motivated and passionate technologist who is interested in practicing current skills and learning new ones.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- This role is a highly technical position with responsibility to deliver and maintain data engineering components to meet the business objectives.
- The following duties are essential to the successful and satisfactory performance of this job.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Partner with Business Stakeholders, Business Analysts, Data Engineers, Developers to design enterprise data warehouse components.
- Provide estimations, schedules and regular and timely updates to project managers & senior management as needed.
- Validate proposed design for accuracy and completeness of business use cases.
- Develop data integration and transformation solutions to meet the input needs of the models.
- Develop and support batch jobs.
- Perform unit & regression testing.
- Perform code/peer reviews to ensure adherence to established design & development standards.
- Collaborate with development and quality assurance teams for testing and product quality improvements as needed.
- Produce deployment scripts, checklists, playbook & operations runbook in accordance with SDLC & change management requirements
- Take measures to ensure adherence to committed service level agreements.
- Monitor the scheduled to jobs & performance of the platform for smooth operation.
- Independently and with support from other developers, troubleshoot and fix issues that arise with data and/or processes.
Required Experience, Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (prefer CS major)
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of development experience in Microsoft BI tools such as SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS
- 5+ years of experience in RDBMS design and development. Must demonstrate a clear mastery of the logical and physical database design (for both transactional and data warehouse) and data normalization concepts
- 3+ years of experience in Azure using Data Factory, Databricks & ADLS
- Experience working in visual studio development environment and with using DevOps platforms for code management and deployment using CI/CD techniques
- Familiarity with SDLC and agile methodologies
- Experience in source control tools such as TFS or Git
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Experience in designing & building BI Reporting solutions, preferably using Power BI.
- System and networking fundamentals
- Knowledge/experience in Education or Aviation industry
- Proactive self-starter with a strong work-ethics, accountability and responsibility for the
accuracy and completeness of assigned work and results
- Excellent Communication and Customer Service Skills.
- Must be able to work individually and as part of a team to achieve common goals.
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize work load with competing/changing
- Comply with all laws, regulations and company policies
- Travel when required
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met and/or encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and communicate. The employee may be required to stand; walk; sit.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to view monitors, technical documents, and reference material.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed