Columbus, Ohio client has a full time opening for a Senior FP&A Modeling Engineer who will be responsible for balancing technical and analytical skills with the demonstrated traits of intellectual curiosity, collegiality, and critical thinking that are necessary to succeed in a business environment.
This is a new role which is designed to enhance the modeling capabilities of the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team as it provides strategic guidance and decision-making support to other business units within the organization.
- The successful candidate will be a natural problem-solver who is self-motivated, an effective communicator, and knowledgeable in a broad array of technologies.
- Bachelor’s in Data Analytics or Finance
- Experience developing models in code-based platform (e.g., Python, R, Julia, Matlab, Mathematica, etc.)
- Familiarity with infrastructure for model deployment (e.g., AWS/Cloud technologies, Linux systems, etc.)
- Familiarity with version-control methodologies (i.e. Git)
- Demonstrated expertise in modeling platforms/environments
- Excellent verbal/written communication and strong task organization skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Capable of thinking analytically and creatively
- Strong initiative, confidence, and drive to achieve results without explicit direction or detailed instructions
- Possesses ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks and projects
- Evidence of personal and team accomplishments exhibiting pride in his/her work
- Demonstrated natural, tenacious curiosity about how and why things are
- Excellent attention to detail
- Works with others to learn continuously, solve unexpected problems, breaks bottlenecks and challenges the status quo
- Continuous improvement orientation
- Proficient with Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint
- Contribute to the Center of Excellence for Financial Modeling within FP&A and will work closely with the other members to provide transformative leadership and vision with respect to the department’s technology initiatives.
- Contribute to existing initiatives by refining analytical techniques and improving implementation.
- Additionally, he or she will frequently interact with domain experts across the company to understand their business needs and design appropriate solutions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on analytical and technological topics, and will develop an understanding of the business in order to identify and improve upon areas of relative inefficiency.
- Provide expertise on modeling techniques, and oversee implementation of best-practices
- Interface directly with colleagues in IT to design and implement the appropriate technology infrastructure to efficiently deliver effective results
- Work directly with business partners, both within and beyond Finance, to develop solutions that eliminate inefficiencies and provide business value
- Provide assistance to the rest of the department as they develop expertise in technology domains
- Research and implement new methods as appropriate to improve modeling efficiency and capability
Additional Desired Experience:
- Experience with data science libraries and techniques
- Specific expertise with pandas library for data manipulation in Python
- Certification or equivalent experience in AWS model deployment
- Familiarity with enterprise-level data-management platforms (e.g., SAP, Anaplan, etc.)
- Educational and/or work experience with business financial concepts (budgeting, accounting, P&L statements, etc.)
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed