Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us — we are honest, stay true to our word, and work in the best interest of our clients, consultants, and candidates. Many say they work this way, but few actually do. We are a company that does. Additionally, we bring joy to the world of IT staffing and IT recruiting by making the hiring experience memorable, fun, and different.
Find and provide the best talent for clients and excellent career opportunities for consultants and candidates — whom we treat as part of our team. Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our client leverages Agile and Lean techniques, such as acceptance test-driven development, continuous integration, and story-based iterative development. As a Senior Manual QA Analyst, you will be involved in all phases of software development, from requirements definition to production releases. You will be embedded in a cross-function team of analysts, developers, product managers, and testing staff, collectively striving to quickly deliver high-quality, high-value software. This contrasts to most other environments where the culture encourages “throwing the code over the wall” for QA to test. This client works in an environment that encourages individual initiative, leadership at all levels, and team-based continuous improvement void of hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- Work closely with product management, business analysts, and developers to understand features and create a robust, comprehensive test strategy to verify functionality
- Create test scenarios, test cases, and test scripts mapped to business requirements, workflow, and system design documents to ensure proper coverage
- Perform test execution on complex systems, requiring deep understanding of both business objectives and technical architecture
- Report and track defects until resolution
- Assist application developers and technical support staff in defect root cause analysis and resolutions
- Develop automated tests in partnership with application development for continuous regression testing
- Maintain the regression test bed to meet changing requirements
- Escalate testing bottle necks that may impact project timeline
- Participate in the off-hour production releases as needed
- Contribute to the development of QA process and procedures
- Seamlessly transition into the role and understand the needs of the group
- Analyze QA process gaps and make adjustments after discussing with manager
- Become SME on the product 6-8 months
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5 years of in-depth QA process knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Enthusiastic self-starter capable of quickly taking ownership of features, applications, and systems
- Adaptable, quick learner
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong technical skills, such as the ability to read and write SQL and XML
- Ability to independently plan, prioritize and perform software testing for complex systems within general guidelines with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and drive results with a sense of urgency to meet aggressive project timelines
- Experience with ATDD in an Agile/Lean development environment desired
- 3 + years of experience in energy industry and/or EDI batch file mapping/processing testing experience are preferred
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Tucson, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX, and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
We do our jobs in a way that brings delight every day to our clients and the people who work with us. Life is simply too short to grind through every day as a small cog in a huge recruiting machine. As a young and high energy company, we aim to help consultants and candidates land fulfilling jobs that offer real career growth.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed