Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
The Senior Project Cost Analyst in this contract opening in New Albany, Ohio who analysis and controls for team activities supporting the Project Managers (PMs), or other staff, including overseeing cost reporting for multiple projects and monitoring project budgets to assure accurate depiction of project cost on large and complex projects under minimal supervision.
- Travel 5-10% would consist of an occasional day trip to a job site with a PM.
- This position is designated as hybrid work.
- Three days a week will be required on location and the remaining two days will be remote.
- Local candidates in Columbus, OH or surrounding areas.
- Relocation candidates are not desired.
- Input of budgets within the client’s corporate systems, providing ongoing forecast updates and variance analysis at the program and project levels, input and tracking of key performance indicators (KPIs), and working collaboratively with project teams to implement project management best practices throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provide communication and develop partnerships with internal and/or external customers.
- Conduct training, support continuous process improvement efforts and develop tools and processes utilized within the work group.
- Responsible for the creation of work orders and having direct interface in coordinating with external contractors and vendors to integrate these parties into the overall project budget and schedule.
Essential Job Functions & Tasks :
- Coordinate project meetings and work activities. Support the PM in the preparation and updating of project documentation and planning.
- Prepare forecasts of project spending and cash flows, budget variance monitoring, cost tracking/analysis. Provide analysis and verification for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) activities and assist with providing input to annual budget, capital forecasts, five-year plan and improvement requisitions. Perform estimate vs. actuals analysis.
- Collaborate with Project Management (PM), and other vested parties to perform variance reporting and/or establish original baseline budgets that are time-phased with dates from the system schedule. Create project breakdown structures.
- Perform some departmental organizational functions to ensure the smooth operation of project functions. This includes tracking, analyzing, and submitting verifying information for unvouchered liabilities, keeping project system records current and complete, and coordinating the work order process related to a project from creation of the work order through in-servicing and closing.
- Assist in the construction contracting process.
- Communicate with project team, resources, and other internal and external stakeholders on budgetary items.
- Works independently in resolving moderately complex problems. Perform varied assignments demonstrating technical knowledge and analytical techniques to solution of problems or analysis. Apply problem solving skills to resolve technical problems and initiate solution techniques.
- Develop and compile KPIs that are measurable outcomes.
- Providing strong teamwork with colleagues, vendors and/or customers and responding to customer/vendor inquiries, resolving work order issues and/or implementing action plans in a fast-paced, results-oriented team.
- Lead the administration of the client project/work management organizational standards and assist in the management of projects to those standards. Adhere to the guidance and standards put forth by the client Project Management Governance Committee.
- Provide training and guidance to lower level employees as appropriate. Demonstrates the development as a subject matter expert in several areas. Ability to mentor, develop, and guide lower level PC Analyst through a training plan if appointed as mentor/trainer by supervision. Validation that training is complete and is being applied.
- Recommend improvements that enhance the role, project performance, and client’s performance in regard to service and product delivery as well as environmental and community stewardship.
- Depending on the assigned business unit, advise and counsel all key contractors, vendors, suppliers, and/or less experienced project cost controls team members associated with the programs and projects to obtain all project performance related data and integrate into a total project performance analysis.
- Proficient in use of computer and MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with a professional demeanor and commitment to customer service and teamwork.
- Experience working on cost tracking analysis, forecasting and project budgets.
- Strong analytical skills a must.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Accounting, Finance, Business, Construction Management, or Project Management, or related field plus four (4) years’ qualified experience.
- Associate’s degree, six (6) years’ qualified experience
- Includes utility specific operations knowledge/experience with a good working knowledge of work processes and procedures.
- Experience should be in design, operations, planning, project management, cost tracking analysis, forecasting, project budgets, working with accounting principles
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed