Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our Tulsa client has a remote contract opportunity for a Senior Project Estimator who is responsible for performing highly technical estimating evaluations for complex projects and outage activities in a safe, efficient and economical manner.
- Electrical/Civil/Transmission Line estimating experience and background.
- This contractor will be doing predominately telecommunications estimates with additional estimating in substation and transmission line.
- Must have relevant experience in engineering or construction management.
- Preferred candidates will have relevant experience in electrical utility sector, either worked directly or indirectly for an electrical utility.
- This group is responsible for ensuring compliance to defined project estimating and scope control procedures; establishing the process of gathering and integrating estimate and cost information to build master estimating cost models and databases; mentor and train the organization on proper development of project estimates; and developing criteria for estimation and use of project and portfolio contingency.
- Work with project stakeholders (i.e. project management, engineering, planning, contractors, etc.) to develop, implement and continuously improve estimating and scope change management processes.
Essential Job Functions & Tasks:
- Develop or oversee the development of conceptual estimates for assigned projects; support the planning and engineering groups in the development of all levels of estimates; and collect and analyze close out benchmarking data.
- Interface with engineering, outage planning, project management, construction, plant personnel and project controls-scheduling to identify/initiate, scope, status and follow-up (if necessary) estimate efforts. This includes providing recommendations and guidance to interfacing groups/individuals regarding estimate approach and input requirements.
- Establish policies and procedures for allocating risk based contingency; monitor labor market trends; work closely with procurement to track equipment pricing trends; develop and analyze historical records of project costs; review and critique designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggest alternatives when appropriate.
- Implement policies and procedures defined in project estimating methods developed by the controls group for the long-range planning and capital development process; develop and maintain standardized processes and procedures for estimating; review estimate basis and assumptions for completeness and reasonableness; work with functional departments and service organization to develop services labor and material estimates.
- Provide advanced technical direction and guidance regarding estimate approach/development, assumptions/qualifications, and resolution of estimate issues.
- Plan, instruct, and/or coordinate the training and development of estimating employees, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Project Management, Engineering or related field of study. PLUS a minimum of four (4) years of experience in power generation and/or transmission system estimating, engineering, design or construction execution; experience with estimating software packages preferred; experience with Primavera a plus; strong knowledge of current market pricing trends and construction execution for capital projects required; strong communication skills required.
- Develop and demonstrate a high-level of confidence in the ability to lead a team and a project to successful conclusion.
- Develop and demonstrate outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with all stakeholders including team members, sponsors, management and senior management.
- Develop and demonstrate an economic and business acumen with an understanding of the engineering & design, procurement, contracting, estimating, construction and startup procedures and processes.
- Develop and demonstrate strategic thinking, planning, risk assessment and prioritization of project activities skills.
- Support the organization of project activities, delegate project task assignments, set team requirements and expectations to manage deliverables and hold team members accountable.
- Develop and demonstrate conflict management skills to resolve disputes and to maximize synergies with an overriding goal to do the “right thing” for the company.
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of scope management.
- Assist with the evaluation and determination of the skill sets and capabilities of team members then provide recommendations to ensure project success.
- Possess high level of proficiency and advanced knowledge of construction methodologies.
- Position may require extended hours to accomplish assigned tasks and meet project/outage requirements and schedules.
- Develop and demonstrate ability to maintain a professional working atmosphere
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed