A full time remote opportunity is available for a Senior Software Engineer who will partner with data scientists to develop, deploy, and manage solutions powered by machine learning. We are seeking highly motivated, curious, and experienced candidates who will join the Data and Analytics organization.
- General Experience: 5-7 years’ Python, Java + Spring Boot, Kubernetes (Required), SQL, CI/CD, Azure, GCP
- Attention to detail and a dedication to deliver high-quality, stable applications is critical.
- To be successful you are self-motivated, driven to achieve, and exceed commitments.
- You also need to exude strong collaboration skills, including the ability to mentor and be mentored.
What you will bring:
- Hands on experience building and deploying applications on cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or GCP. Azure and/or GCP is preferred.
- A strong understanding and experience with Kubernetes and microservice architectures. Experience with ML frameworks like MLflow and/or Kubeflow is a huge plus.
- 5+ years of experience developing in Python or Java (Spring framework is a plus)
- 3+ years of experience creating APIs and web services using Representational State Transfer (REST) software architectural style
- A proficiency in CI/CD practices and tooling including Version control systems (e.g. Git), release automation (e.g. GitHub Actions, Ansible), and Infrastructure-As-Code (e.g. Terraform)
- An interest in learning about applied data science and machine learning methodologies
- Proficiency in SQL language and relational databases (MSSQL, Oracle, DB2, etc.)
- An understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Experience in building solutions for monitoring, logging, security, and scalability of applications
- Ability to work independently, own, and complete work in a timely manner
- Experience with automated testing (JUnit, Cucumber, Pytest etc…)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- Experience working with one of the following industries: Retail, Supply Chain, Logistics, Manufacturing, or Marketing is a plus
- An understanding of streaming platforms, e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ. Azure Event Hubs, Google Pub/Sub, AWS Kinesis, and application of streaming analytics is a plus
- Experience with “Big Data” solutions such as Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, etc. is a plus
- Experience implementing systems that leverage hardware acceleration (i.e. GPUs/TPUs) is a plus
- Continuously learn modern software design and development core practices, utilizing articles, MeetUps, conferences, tech talks, etc.
- Review and discuss code with engineering peers and leaders to understand best practices and optimal design patterns
- Take the initiative to drive new ideas and projects
- Increase your business acumen by consistently learning about other parts of the business
- Support and mentor new members of the Software Engineering team
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed