The Technical Operations department with our Tulsa, OK client currently has a direct hire opening for a talented Senior Systems Engineer. You will be in a fast-paced environment that will provide challenges, excitement, and gratification.
The Senior Systems Engineer is a multi-threaded role critical to both operational and project level initiatives related to the corporate server and compute infrastructure.
- Execute projects, optimize the compute infrastructure and be an escalation point for any operational issues resulting from systems outages or overall systems/compute environment performance.
- Work as part of a diverse cross department team to manage a modern Cisco, VMware, and Dell infrastructure environment including physical servers, virtual servers, Windows, UNIX, and other systems based infrastructure solutions.
- You will work on medium to high complexity projects of new servers, operating systems, or computer platforms.
- Support infrastructure activities, including technical support, systems configuration, testing, and implementation.
- Troubleshoot server-related issues and perform root cause analysis.
- Utilize the SolarWinds monitoring tool.
- Provide daily operational support, maintenance, and administration for servers and other components.
- Execute Disaster Recovery testing, maintenance, and implementation of technology solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and 5-7 years of IT work experience in systems administration or equivalent work related experience of 9-11 years.
- Thorough knowledge of technical disciplines required to support a mission-critical Windows/UNIX enterprise
- Knowledge of server virtualization and associated tools
- OS Software: Proficient in at least one UNIX operating system and Windows OS
- Basic knowledge of internal and external disks, hardware connectivity, disk arrays, tape drives, hardware shutdown and boot-up procedures, disk format configuration, volume manager software
- Thorough knowledge of Disaster Recovery best practices
- Working knowledge of performance monitors and debugger tools
- Ability to solve problems independently, quickly and completely and to communicate them clearly to management
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of user trust and confidence and to define technical requirements from business requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to define, prioritize, schedule and monitor multiple technical activities and efforts
- Experience in performance and capacity planning
- Ability to effectively communicate technical ideas in a non-technical way to all levels of employees
- Employee must be able to work independently is self-motivated and results oriented
- Adheres to company standards, methodology, confidentiality, and security requirements consistently demonstrating a high level of integrity and professionalism
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed