Our Columbus, Ohio client has a contract opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer.
Senior Network Engineer
- Collaborate with Managed Service Providers, Architects, Security, and Engineers for Network transformation and improvements.
- Develop / review design for deployment of Network Infrastructure Technology Solutions
- Design and implementation of networking solutions
- Lead efforts with tools/product selections and conducting proof of concepts.
- Steady State operations oversight
- Provide recommendations to be considered in developing the Technology roadmap
- Collaborate closely with Enterprise Architects, Security, and IT staff to drive client objectives
- Direct implementation of technology roadmap initiatives
- Implement best practices and standards, and drive technology portfolio management discipline
- Ensure adherence to standards and reference architectures for the domain
- Communicate clearly and effectively with architecture, project / program managers etc.
Good hands-on and Subject matter expert (SME) in 1 or more of the following:
- Data and Voice networks
- Cloud Networking
- Cisco ACI, Cisco ISE, SDN, SDWAN o LAN, WAN, WLAN technologies, Network Security.
- Data Center Operations
- Application transport and Network infrastructure protocols (TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, QoS etc.)
- Knowledge of SCADA networks
- Satellite, Cellular, Radio and Microwave communications
- Network routers, switches, F5 load balancers, LAN accelerators, Firewalls
- Collaboration tools (Webex, Zoom, MS Teams)
- Experience with Customer Contact center and Cisco / Avaya voice technologies
- SBC, VOIP / SIP
- Knowledge of Genesys and NICE applications
- Knowledge of IVR & soft phones.
- 10+ years’ experience in Solution/Architecture
- Have previously led technical and project teams
- Experience with Cisco ACI and ISE
- Experience with Cloud Networking
- Experience with SDN and SDWAN deployment
- Experience with Customer Contact Center technologies, and UC is desirable
- Experience estimating work efforts for data center projects
- Proven track record of identifying defects and inefficiencies in systems and processes while driving efforts make curative changes
- Demonstrated ability in a lead technical contributor role for technology or data center projects
- Provide input and comprehensive review of design documents, provide verbal and written feedback to the author
- Ability to think technically then translate into clear verbal and written communications for technical and non-technical audiences
- Create documents and presentations
- Self-driven with the ability to juggle multiple workstreams and priorities
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed