Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
A Software Test Specialist is needed for a contract opening with our Ontario, Canada client. You will be an important member of a newly founded software group which is part of the larger Global Engineering team. You will be responsible for defining, implementing, executing, and maintaining test plans, test cases and test automation tools/scripts to ensure software is delivered with high quality.
Top Skill Sets:
- Android testing
- Test automation development (e.g. Python)
- Automotive experience
- Energetic, capable, collaborative, agile
- Technical capabilities: knowledge, experience and potential on relevant technical domains and process
- Behaviors: teamwork, communication, driving for results
- Reviews requirement specifications and design documents, to better understand the features and make the efficient design of suitable test cases.
- Work closely with software development teams, requirement teams and program managers during the entire product lifecycle.
- Define test strategy and test plan based on software development plan
- Design detailed test cases based on requirements and test plan
- Develop test tools and test scripts to automate the testing
- Prepare test report, provide initial issue analysis, and contribute to defect prevention
- Setup and configure necessary test equipment and environments for test execution and automation
- Participate in the continuous improvement of test processes and methodologies
- 4-7 years of experience in testing Android is a must – or equivalent mobile/embedded software testing
- 4-7 years of software quality assurance or test experience in mobile or automotive industry
- Good programming skills in common languages, such as Java, C++ or Perl
- Must have strong automated testing experience
- Strong experience with test automation framework, tool development and scripting
- Solid knowledge of software quality assurance methodologies and tools
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile software development process
- Embedded software development experience as a plus
- Experience with vehicle communication network protocols (CAN, MOST etc) as a plus
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to deliver on time, a quick-thinker, a quick-learner and able to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, coordination skills, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent field
- Advanced degrees preferred
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX, and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed