Our client is seeking an experienced Software Video Engineer to fulfill a direct hire need. The role will join the Video Engineering – Live team delivering high-quality live video at scale within the Playback Services team. You will become part of a strong engineering culture, where the engineers work with client-side software developers, broadcast engineers, project managers, and technical architects to build and support live video workflows.
**Location: Hybrid – LA, NY or Stamford, Conn**
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the software engineering workspace.
- Experience with scripting in Bash, Python, Perl, PHP or Java.
- Technical experience with cloud-based technologies, specifically within architecture/infrastructure (AWS)
- Understanding of containerization as it relates it Cloud (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Key understanding of technology principles and work methods (Agile, Scrum, etc.)
- The team builds and manages systems and workflows that deliver all live content, including 24×7 linear streams and major live events.
- Reliability, quality, interoperability, and security of the content is of utmost importance.
- Standards-based engineering practices focus the team to deliver quality streaming solutions at scale.
- You’ll be involved from ingest to captions to encoding to packaging to origin delivery.
- You will play a key role in building tools which help operators and engineers to monitor, receive alerts and automate health-checks of video workflows, along with quality and consistency of the streams.
- In addition, you will be integrating 3rd party monitoring solutions via custom dashboard developed from API’s and/or scripts to define metric visualization and alerts.
- You will develop solutions, test integrations, document workflows and assist in deployments, working with the operations group to ensure consistent 24×7 monitoring.
- You will work closely with key vendors, developing solutions side by side, and you will embrace diversity as part of an inclusive and flexible workplace.
- Using in-house and third-party tools, participate in efforts to design, build and support the live and linear pipeline for streaming video, optimizing video encoding, packaging, and delivery
- Serve as a technology expert when working with technology partners, engineers, and vendors, implementing smart technology solutions and tools which help video engineering teams deliver, support and monitor live streams.
- Develop solutions from scratch, from open source or integrate vendor solutions in-house to build out a highly automated monitoring, alerting and observability solution
- Work close with the Site Reliability Engineering team to integrate solutions, define requirements and automate deliverables.
- Help coordinate and participate in testing new solutions and workflows working side by side with QA team.
- Manage and maintain cloud-based content delivery and services
- Collaborate with other team members to help create a team-centric culture
- Continuously learn, improve and optimize processes and ways of working
- Knowledge of OTT video delivery pipelines including basic networking concepts, source origination, video ingest & encoding, and packing including encryption and DRM
- Knowledge of OTT streaming protocols such as CMAF, HLS, DASH
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision
- Team player with desire to collaborate and share ideas with other team members
- Self-motivation and resourcefulness
- Strong quantitative, analytical, debugging, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Likes to learn and apply new knowledge for overall benefit of the team
- What’s in it for you?
- Working for a well-known, globally leading Media Streaming organization
- Exposure to high-level business professionals in a variety of departments and geographic locations
- Opportunity and flexibility to grow your career in a dynamic company
- What’s in it for you?
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed