Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
- Bachelor’s in related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the DB admin space in an agile software development methodology
- Must be effective and efficient in identifying and proposing creative, innovative solutions to complex, time-critical challenges
- Must possess excellent situational awareness and an ability to remain calm under pressure and be cognizant of how you are perceived
- Attention to details is a must
- Must be experienced with MS SQL and monitoring tools
- Nice to have experience with ColdFusion
- Leveraging monitoring tools to troubleshoot production issues and business requested production enquiries
- Planning for and allocating the database system’s physical requirements, such as memory, disk space, network requirements, etc.
- Modifying the database structure using information provided by application developers.
- Creating users’ profiles and ensuring system security by careful allocation of user permissions
- Creating a backup and recovery strategy for the database, and regularly testing the backups to ensure usability
- Monitoring technical support for both database systems and related applications.
- Creating reports by querying from database (as per need)
- Triaging and resolving production issues as per SLA’s
- Experience in managing infrastructure within Amazon Web Service (AWS) including EC2 and RDS
- Set up integration environments, and provision databases for new projects.
- Continuously monitor and optimize performance
- Plan for downtime and high availability using multiple data center disaster recovery capabilities.
- Manage/support SSRS in a multi-tier architecture.
- Support for SSIS server for ETL infrastructure.
- Proficient with database queries and design
- Proficient with MS SQL Server Administration and tuning
- Proficient with MS SQL Server Encryption (TDE and/or Always Encrypted)
- Experience with monitoring tools such as ELK, New Relic, and Matomo
- Experience in Microsoft PowerShell and Chef
- Nice to have PostgreSQL
- Experience with Apache Kafka and Confluent Attunity
- Experience with Flyway, LiquiBase or other database version control tools
- Nice to have ColdFusion
- Agile experience
- Ability to work with peer groups, customers and suppliers to understand needs and requirements
- Good verbal and written communications
- Team Player – Ability to work well with team members to achieve the desired results and outcomes
- Driven and self-motivated to learn new technologies and achieve objectives
- Ability to work independently and multitask
- Good organization skills
- Committed to meet internal and external customer expectations
- CI/CD – Jenkins, Concourse, Chocolatey, GitHub/Git, Packer
2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
Fully vaccinated means that two weeks have passed since the last required dose of the COVID vaccine. Contractors may not begin their assignment until fully vaccinated.
Client does not provide sponsorship for this opening. Candidates must now and in the future be legally eligible to work in the US for any employer.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed