Revel IT presents the below position in partnership with Level D&I Solutions.
ABOUT OUR PARTNERSHIP:
At Revel IT, one of our core values is that we believe all people have value. We also believe a key to someone’s success is helping them find the right role and culture to work in. Our commitment to leveling the playing field is significant enough that we’ve helped create and we partner with a firm focused on Diversity and Inclusion- Level D&I Solutions.
Looking an SRE Platform Manager who is interested in managing projects and products and people. This person will pull from their engineering experience to foster a vision of a DevOps culture, through developing documentation, requirements, processes, and solutions which enhance the reliability of our client’s infrastructure. A SPM would be concerning themselves with tools, processes, and solutions that support a self-service, shift-left engineering philosophy with dev teams that own deployments in a CI/CD pipeline.
- Document and Organize
- Follow Agile best practices as a Scrum Master for 2 SRE run teams
- Act as an information conduit for work intake into the team, and status/tracking of all team projects to various stakeholders.
- Measure and monitor progress of team and project deliverables, that they are delivered on-time within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Communicate all team and SRE practice project plans, commitments, schedule, and scope changes to development teams
- Documents projects, establishing success criteria, cost constraints, goal state, and roadmap plan for execution
- Produce RunBooks, Play books, and release plans, and validate accuracy of playbooks through chaos engineering simulations
- Define SRE practice KPI and provide weekly status reporting on them
- Own change management procedures and controls, participate in CAB meetings to discuss change scope and/or roadblocks
- Mitigate risk around timeline, environments, and projects
- Track Actions and Outcomes of the RCA.
- Responsible for ensuring that the RCA process is conducted correctly and ensuring demonstrable outcomes of positive change to prevent future issues.
- Advocate and Influence
- Motive the team to constantly improve performance, scalability, extensibility, reliability, availability and usability of our services and platforms
- Promote a DevOps culture achieved through process efficiency and service reliability, and advanced capabilities such as blue-green, canary, and rolling deployments
- Work closely with engineering management to synthesize and define ideas into themes, epics, and stories.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams and team members at various remote locations
- Design and Automate
- Develop automation tools and scripts to reduce toil
- Research new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies, and investigate their application to current needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or related field
- 3+ years of previous release and/or project management experience
- Solid understanding of project management practices
- Exceptional at organizing information and communicating both in written and verbal form
- Self motivated and outcome oriented
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle, experience with Amazon Web Services infrastructure
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective management and research skills
ABOUT LEVEL D&I:
Level helps clients address gaps in D&I practices and recruiting. Our mission is to create a Level playing field for people of all backgrounds and promote innovation through diversity of thought. The founders of Level are two former Revel employees.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed