Our client in Columbus, Ohio is seeking a Steel and Welding Inspector who will be responsible for completing structural Steel and Welding Inspections on various projects and checking welding specification for a job. The inspector will ensure the correct equipment and materials are being used for a weld and will inspect completed welds.
- Check Welding specifications for a job.
- Ensure correct equipment and materials are being used for a weld.
- Inspect completed welds.
- Assess the quality and strength of completed welds.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Adhere to state health and safety regulations.
- Inspect and test structural steel during erection on general commercial building sites, as well as plant inspections.
- Performing steel or concrete plant quality control observations and steel and high strength bolt inspections.
- Performing observations, inspections, and tests of building construction projects and documenting findings in accordance with accepted engineering practice.
Experience / Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of direct welding-steel inspection experience.
- Construction inspection experience
- *Certified Welding Inspector is required*
- Ability to work on a team and work cross functionally with members.
- Knowledge of steel, welding, and construction inspection.
- Strong communication skills for communicating with contractors, technicians, and project managers.
- Ability to accurately and clearly document inspection findings
- Clean Driving Record
- Reliable and on time
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Read project plans and project manuals
- Quality Minded and Safety Oriented
- Client Focused
- *Must provide a valid driver’s license and clean driving record*
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed