Currently seeking a Supply Chain Engineering Manager for an immediate full time remote opportunity. Must have experience in Supply Chain (warehouse management, logistics, etc), lead a large space, end to end with the business. Must have experience with iSeries. Experience managing engineers as a manager of a domain they owned end to end, not just a mentor/lead engineer.
This is a full time remote opportunity. We are looking to hire immediately. Immigration sponsorship, including permanent residency/green card sponsorship is available upon hire date.
- As an Engineering Manager, you will be given a chance to contribute to the products the client creates, help grow the next generation of engineering talent, in the Supply Chain space, and help shape the technology strategy of the enterprise.
- In addition, you will be given the chance to work with the most strategic vendors to ensure that 3rd party tools and applications are readily available to all product teams that are interested in using them.
- Will also play a part in driving change management and process improvement.
- Will be a critical hire and will need to help keep the existing legacy WMS in tact and operationally excellent in terms of support and delivery, but in addition to that this engineering manager will also need to to help support the move our existing legacy WMS (iSeries) into a more modernized WMS, this won’t happen immediately but they will need to help disseminate knowledge across their teams, as well as help with any migration to the modern WMS that is needed.
Delivery & Execution:
- If a product teams exists you will be able to collaborates and pairs with product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Ensures the solutions delivered improve the overall economics of the organization while taking into account the long term costs associated with solutions implemented.
- Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met
- Writes custom code or scripts to automate test cases, monitoring services, or other areas of automation.
- Works with vendors and partners for the successful implementation of critical tooling and platforms
- Creates meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively
- Contributes to enterprise-wide tools to drive destructive testing, automation, and engineering empowerment
- Participates in and leads review board sessions to drive consistency across the enterprise
- Makes suggestions that help drive operational excellence to create internal customer satisfaction and meet operational metrics
- Identifies and enables ways to improve team productivity and efficiency
- Identifies areas of duplicative work and redundant solutions that could be consolidated into enterprise services
- Fills in on product teams for engineers who are out of the office
Support & Enablement:
- Fields questions from engineers, product teams, or support teams
- Monitors tools and participates in conversations to encourage collaboration across product teams
- Provides application support for software running in production
- Acts as a technical escalation point for the engineers on the team
- Work closing with our business teammates at all levels of the supply chain Organization
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and coaching to Software Engineers
- Attracts, retains, and develops top talent to build a world class Software Engineering Team
- Conducts annual and mid-year reviews by reviewing individual development plans and team feedback
- Fosters collaboration with team members to drive consistency across product teams, and finds opportunities to expose engineers to career interests
- Acts as a proponent of modern software development practices
- Guides team members in strategy, alignment, analysis, and execution tasks within and across product teams
- Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice)
- Learns, through reading, tutorials, and videos, new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
- Builds relationships with technology leaders at other companies to learn best practices and elegant solutions to common problems
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed