Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us — we are honest, stay true to our word, and work in the best interest of our clients, consultants, and candidates. Many say they work this way, but few actually do. We are a company that does. Additionally, we bring joy to the world of IT staffing and IT recruiting by making the hiring experience memorable, fun, and different.
Find and provide the best talent for clients and excellent career opportunities for consultants and candidates — whom we treat as part of our team. Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
Our client has an immediate need for a local Technical Writer in Tucson, AZ who will be in charge of writing, edits, and publishing end-user and service documentation, including operator manuals (user guides), online help (user assistance), service documentation, etc. for products. They will also be tasked with completing existing and new documentation projects. Assists in the planning and completion of improvements to documentation and writing processes. Assists in the coordination and maintenance of corporate standards as they pertain to documentation.
- Performs documentation project planning (detailed authoring review and release planning, and creation of documentation plans), with input from senior team members.
- Gathers information from project teams and subject matter experts to do the project planning, technical writing, and schedule planning.
- Collects input for updates of documentation and does the updating in close cooperation with subject matter experts, other technical writers, and project teams.
- Designs, develops, tests, and maintains documentation for Roche, while ensuring that quality targets, timelines, and regulatory requirements are met.
- Creates, writes and edits high quality text following corporate and department style guidelines while following project guidelines, documentation standards, and templates.
- Interacts with interdepartmental teams to create, review and approve documentation. Provides guidance and direction to technical teams as needed.
- Communicates effectively with interdepartmental teams and external vendors/customers during activities such as the production and process of translation.
- Participates in the translation processing of translated documents, as required.
- Works with external agencies and helps to organize the translation review process with affiliates.
- Performs editing tasks as assigned.
- Ensures monitoring and evaluation of generated documentation.
- Assists in improving existing documentation practices.
- Follows the Quality System regulations related to labeling and participates in audits as needed.
- Associate’s Degree (or technical writing certificate) in a scientific discipline, business administration, technical writing, or other related technical field required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline, business administration, technical writing, or other related technical field preferred
- 4 years’ experience with Associate’s Degree; 3 years’ experience with Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrable record of working on project teams while working on multiple projects.
- Experience with creating user documentation or online help.
- Knowledge of technical publications activities and requirements, change control and configuration management.
- Excellent skills in communication, negotiation, motivation and persuasion required.
- Excellent technical writing skills and knowledge of desktop publishing applications, such as Adobe FrameMaker.
- Ability to take high degree of initiative and demonstrates motivation to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Ability to work with cross-departmental teams.
- Experience with graphics and using graphic design applications a plus.
- Knowledge of current US and International regulations as it pertains to documentation (e.g., FDA, ISO, IVDD and 21 CFR Part – 11), and control of electronic records preferred
- 10% possible travel, based on business needs, both domestic and international
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Tucson, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
We do our jobs in a way that brings delight every day to our clients and the people who work with us. Life is simply too short to grind through every day as a small cog in a huge recruiting machine. As a young and high energy company, we aim to help consultants and candidates land fulfilling jobs that offer real career growth.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed