Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us — we are honest, stay true to our word, and work in the best interest of our clients, consultants, and candidates. Many say they work this way, but few actually do. We are a company that does. Additionally, we bring joy to the world of IT staffing and IT recruiting by making the hiring experience memorable, fun, and different.
Find and provide the best talent for clients and excellent career opportunities for consultants and candidates — whom we treat as part of our team. Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
User Experience (UX / UI) Designer
The client eCommerce team is looking for a User Experience (UX/UI) Designer to help take their digital products to the future and beyond. We are looking for a passionate designer and team player who will be part of a massive digital transformation effort. The UX/UI Designer will be responsible for imagining future-proof usable and desirable digital experiences for mobile apps and responsive web and have the capability to clearly communicate ideas at a broad level to bring these experiences to life from beginning to end and anywhere in-between.
**Will be required onsite following COVID**
- The UX/UI Designer will help uncover and define user needs, build out workflows, construct the information architecture, create layouts, define taxonomy, build interactions, or create any relevant UX/UI artifact as needed.
- The UX/UI designer will design detailed creative assets for both written and visual content roughly 25-35% of the time.
- Will work directly with the entire product team in their respective cross-functional work teams to prioritize and specify features to deliver great new experiences.
- This role may be required to work with an offshore team daily at early morning hours or late evening hours – whatever works best for you.
- Reports to: Senior Manager, Digital Design, Mobile App
On day one you will have familiarity/experience with how to:
- Run a whiteboard session, build low and high-fidelity wireframes, create interaction specifications if needed
- Use the entire Adobe Creative Suite with focus on Adobe XD
- Build prototypes of various fidelity to enable user testing of concepts or potentially viable products
- Deliver complete experiences that can be or have been implemented live
After 90 days you will be able to support and/or lead:
- Design sessions to help the product team keep moving at a fairly quick pace
- Design reviews with your teams and beyond to gain alignment and feedback
- Adhere to and champion established brand, design libraries, operations, and best practices as applicable
- Demonstrate workable knowledge around general user behaviors, best practices for UX/UI, and how to think through the end-to-end experience for users to leave them delighted
6 months from now you will have started to:
- Establish yourself as the go-to person on your team for all things related to user behaviors, best practices for UX, and how to think through the end-to-end experience for users to leave them delighted
- Form or have formed meaningful relationships within your team and with team members across other work teams and disciplines in the organization through deep collaboration within your product team, with stakeholders, marketing, analytics, online merchandising, IT and other business partners
A year from now you will:
- Have partnered with your team members to produce viable MVP products that have been tested and validated with customers and other stakeholders of the product
- Have learned enough about our complex business and systems to be able to articulate what you do and why it matters
- Be the go-to person on your team for all things related to user behaviors, best practices for UX, and how to think through the end-to end experience for users to leave them delighted for your projects
- Have designed and informed great user experiences across the projects you are working on
- Have built several prototypes that you then used to test with users either future concepts or inform products in progress
- Have formed meaningful relationships within your work team and with team members across work teams and disciplines in the organization through deep collaboration within your product team, with stakeholders, marketing, analytics, online merchandising, IT and other business partners
- Have helped inform future capabilities, features and roadmap prioritization in the many digital projects you may contribute to
- Have become an expert in Adobe XD if you are were not already
- Have informed, utilized and benefited from A/B and multivariate testing
- Know your stuff and know you have room to grow
- Have a portfolio of your work that demonstrates your capabilities and direct responsibilities as well as your deep understanding of UX best practices and standards
- Are deeply passionate about the user and their experiences and consider your wheelhouse to be interaction design, but might dabble in UI, UX research, and/or writing
- Have created, defended (professionally) and delivered many or all of the following and more:
- Very detailed low and high-fidelity wireframes, sitemaps, taxonomies, user flows, journey maps, and annotated screen interaction specifications
- Visual designs and mock-ups (secondary to your Rockstar UX skills)
- Understand or have participated in (led – even better) design-thinking work-sessions
- Understand the nuances between mobile platforms and responsive and adaptive design
- Over communicate but don’t overshare
- Know the difference between collaboration and meetings
- Embrace change and thrive in an ever-evolving team environment
- Are a professional with 3-5 years of direct UX experience designing digital interactions that delight users
- Have a working knowledge of how design works when coded with regard to any interface or device to enable your creative execution of desirable and usable user interactions
- Have led or participated in many whiteboard sessions with your teams in digital user experience design including mobile apps and responsive web design
- Have designed in many tools such as Adobe XD (primary tool), Sketch, etc. and know how to export for use as digital assets on any platform
- Are educated with a bachelor or higher degree in digital design, graphic design, HCI, UX, computer information, or other relevant technological or design disciplines
- Have worked in an agile or iterative work setting and enjoy co-locating with your entire team
- Have worked in virtual teams
- Love learning new things and challenging yourself
- Don’t mind working early or late hours with offshore teams
- Don’t mind traveling about 15-20% of your time to get to know your users
- Have created and presented your work in multiple formats, in particular, slide format (think PowerPoint primarily) to upper management, stakeholders and other business partners in a consumable and enjoyable manner
- Can help evangelize human-centric design methodologies and the purpose across the division
- Know what accessibility is and why we should all care
- Know what Atomic Design is and how it relates to your work
- Have at least 3 professional references
Bonus points for:
- UX research experience
- Experience building Lottie files
- Designing for accessibility training
- Design-thinking badge or coaching certification
- Master’s degree in UX
- UI development capability
Client does not provide sponsorship for this opening. Candidates must now and in the future be legally eligible to work in the US for any employer.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Tucson, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX, and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
We do our jobs in a way that brings delight every day to our clients and the people who work with us. Life is simply too short to grind through every day as a small cog in a huge recruiting machine. As a young and high energy company, we aim to help consultants and candidates land fulfilling jobs that offer real career growth.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed