As a UX Researcher, you will be responsible for investigating and documenting customer’s claims experience and identifying opportunities and making recommendations for improvement. If you enjoy digging deep into process and driving change that positively impacts peoples’ lives, this is the role for you.
- In addition to driving claims user research, you will work closely with subject matter experts and specialists in UX, marketing, business process, claims, and others across the company to make strategic updates to the claims journey and user touchpoints.
- You will be part of a UX team that includes UX designers and specialists to support you in brainstorming and executing research, design, and prototypes for testing as needed.
- You should be comfortable planning and executing user research and studies independently and making informed decisions and recommendations based on your research, observed pain points and successes, and UX best practices.
- This position requires a high degree of ownership over the claims experience spanning digital, mobile, customer-facing, and internal tools.
- Research, document, maintain, and optimize the complete claims user journey
- Conduct thoughtful research on experience, strategy, product, and features to help policyholders successfully navigate the claims experience
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders from claims, tech, UX team members, marketing, and business process to understand our customers and unearth problems
- Help establish priority of recommendations to balance customer needs/impact with business viability and technical feasibility
- Organize and document interactions across customer-facing touchpoints including the client website, customer portal/mobile app, messaging, and customer support
- Suggest improvements to our internal processes and applications that inform our user interactions
- Take ownership of organizing and improving claims-related messaging
- Utilize provided competitive analysis to extract insights
- Create and maintain an organized research and journey documentation framework
- Develop research artifacts that help inform the business of our claims experience and user insights
- Report on progress and changes to the customer journey/satisfaction over time
- Advocate for the Pet Parent experience before, during, and after claiming
- Note: This is a research-focused role and will not include design work outside of sketching/wireframing
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Confident executing and supervising user testing efforts utilizing existing tools and services for research and/or validation
- Able to collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative information about our users to make informed design and experience decisions
- Strategic thinking capabilities, excellent problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Curiosity and empathy for people and pets
- Comfortable contacting, interviewing, and interacting with customers
Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of user research experience working in insurance
- Insurance experience
- Strong journey mapping, experience mapping, and process mapping abilities
- Demonstrated execution of user journey research, identifying opportunities, and developing actionable recommendations
- Experience utilizing various research methodologies such as survey writing, survey analysis, user interviews, usability testing, and diary and field studies
- Experience with omnichannel customer experiences
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Please be prepared to share examples of and discuss past work (user research and process documentation, user journey mapping, wireframing, etc.).
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed